Beauty mavens, take note: your skincare routine should be shifting to transition from summer to fall, in more ways than one. With the arrival of the fall weather come a slew of complications for the skin, including changing temperatures, wind, and, of course, dry air. With skin becoming more sensitive, it is more likely to become irritated. Below, Mechele Wilson, licensed esthetician and skincare educator, provides five ways to get your skin in glowing condition for the new season.
1. Exfoliate. Exfoliation is extremely important in this changing of seasons because it removes the dead, flaking, and dehydrated skin cells from summer. By breaking down this barrier, it allows your skin to absorb the nutrients from products you use on your face and helps your skin to stay hydrated.
2. Hydrate. With the cooler weather and
3. Nurture. What you put in your body is just as important as what you put on your body when it comes to your skin’s health. Make sure to drink a lot of fluids (especially water) to keep your skin hydrated. Also, eat foods with Omega-3’s, Vitamin C, and antioxidants to keep your skin healthy from the inside out.harsher wind, your skin is more likely to becom
4. Protect. Even though the sun is not as harsh and hot, damaging UV rays are still present; wear sunscreen. Sunburns from UVB rays are still possible, and UVA rays, which cause sun damage, have the same intensity all year long.e dehydrated since there is a depletion of water in its protective layers. Moisturizing is crucial for all skin types, even oily skin. A moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid and antioxidants is best to keep your skin hydrated during these cooler months.
5. Rejuvenate. Many suggest a deep cleaning facial is important at the beginning of a season. The HydraFacial™ will cover all of your needs: exfoliating dead skin, extracting impurities, and delivering vital antioxidants and nutrients to protect and hydrate skin. The treatment leaves skin extremely soft and supple. To maintain results and further pamper your skin, the Daily Essentials™ kit provides the same performing ingredients used in the treatment. The kit includes Antiox-6™ Daily, to hydrate and nourish with antioxidants and hyaluronic acid, and UV Smart® Daily to provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. Both are essential for fall skincare.
About Mechele Wilson, L.E., MT
With over 15 years in the skincare field, Mechele Wilson possesses a passion for health, wellness and beauty. Currently, Mechele is the head Training Education Specialist for Edge for Life, the maker of the innovative HydraFacial™ system. Truly an expert in her field, Mechele has trained hundreds of other skin care experts worldwide, educating and speaking about the aesthetic industry and protocols to ensure proper skin health. Throughout her career, she has created a multitude of advanced skin treatment routines and has spearheaded research and development for many aesthetic product launches.
Images courtesy of KidActivities.net, TheSourceSkinCare.com, HydraFacial.com.